Welcome to Boston Guildhall Museum and Tourist Information Centre
Built in the 1390’s this building is a testament to the wealth and influence of the Guild of St Mary at a time when Boston’s power as a centre of trade was second only to London. This wonderfully preserved building, with a wealth of original features, has survived the centuries and is to be enjoyed as one of Boston’s finest visitor attractions.
A wealth of stories, secrets and experiences are told and shared throughout the building including the history of the Guild of St Mary, international trade with the Hanseatic League, Henry VIII dissolve of the Guild, the foundation of the Corporation of Boston and the very famous trial and imprisonment of the Pilgrims.
Boston Guildhall Museum is free to visit and our opening hours are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10:30am – 3:30pm, last admission to the museum is 3pm.
Please be aware that there are amendments to some of our normal opening hours throughout the course of the year due to private hire. Please check our Visit Us page for updates as they are added and before you visit or contact us by telephone 01205 365954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning a special trip.
Please be aware the Guildhall will be closed on 17 December due to private hire.
The Guildhall will also be closed over the Christmas period from 3:30pm on Friday 24 December until Wednesday 12 January 2022.
To support all visitors to the venue and in line with the government’s current advice :
- Please do not visit if you have symptoms of Covid or if you are isolating
- Face covering are welcome to be worn
- We have hand sanitiser for your use on arrival and throughout the building
- Please scan the QR code to register your arrival on the NHS Test and Trace App or alternatively complete one of our cards for us to manually add you to our records
- As you move through the building, all of the doors have been opened to reduce contact points
- Access through the building is in a one way system
- The facilities and venue have an enhanced cleaning regime