This workshop is for all EU, EEA and Swiss citizens to complete their application to the EU Settled Status Scheme.
This is important because having settled status will enable you to stay in this country after 30th June 2021. You will need to apply for settled status if you are an EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
This means you need to apply even if you:
- were born in the UK but are not a British citizen – you can check if you’re a British citizen if you’re not sure
- have a UK ‘permanent residence document’
- are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply – including if they’re from Ireland
- are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member
Your rights with settled or pre-settled status
You’ll be able to:
- work in the UK
- use the NHS for free as you do now
- enrol in education or continue studying
- access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you’re eligible for them
- travel in and out of the UK
The sessions will be led by a multilingual college staff member, Hana Rafajova, who speaks Czech, Slovak, Polish, Russian, Bulgarian and German. She will provide group explanations and one to one support with the process. You will need to bring your own phone or tablet to use, but we will provide access to our WIFI for the session. You will also need to bring with you your ID documents and your national insurance number. The sessions are free of charge as part of the College’s commitment to support its local community.
If you would like to attend please visit https://www.boston.ac.uk/eu-settlement-scheme-support/ and fill out the application form.