Ensuring infected individuals and their close contacts isolate is one of our most powerful tools for controlling the spread of coronavirus. Self-isolating helps prevent your family, friends and community from catching the virus, as well as helping to protect the health and care system.
Test and Trace Support Payment
- The government has introduced a new grant to support people in work on low incomes to self-isolate
- You may be able to claim a £500 lump sum payment if you cannot work from home and are required to self-isolate
- This payment aims to help make up for any lost income people may face due to having to stay at home
Who is eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment?
To be eligible for the £500 support payment, you must meet all of the following:
- Have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or via the NHS COVID-19 App either because you have tested positive for COVID or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive;
- You comply with the notification to self-isolate;
- You are employed or self-employed;
- You are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result;
- You are currently receiving one of the following:
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
Can I apply if I have lost income taking time off work to care for a child who is self-isolating?
From 8 March 2021, parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is. The child or young person must be aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)) and have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID.
Boston Borough residents please click here to apply.
You can e-mail us at email@example.com or call 01205 314202.
If you do not meet the criteria but find yourself struggling with finances due to self-isolation please contact us.
More information about the new package to enforce and support self-isolation is available here